Tuesday 10 January 2012

Exactly 1 year today....

I had my spinal surgery!!

http://tomsspinalsurgery.blogspot.com/2011/01/op-day.html

I cant beleive how qucikly the year has gone.
I had 6 months off work, which flew by, and then the last 6 months back at work have been a challenge to say the least.

I'd love to say Im 100% fit and healthy, but sadly thats not the case. I still have major back pain, pretty much 99% of the time. Its different now though, more muscular than what I had before.  The area of the op is still very tender, and I also still have quite a bit of nerve damage in the area.

Im Planning on getting back into running this year. In 2010 I ran 3k for sport relief and raised over £250. Considering I could barely walk, I thought that quitean achievment!!

This is the year things will start to change I hope. Last year was just recovering and taking things steady. I never had a chance to actually acheieve or strive to anything, so fingers crossed!

Here is to another year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment