Friday 6 January 2012

The best camera is the one you have with you!

A lot of emphisis is put on having the latest a greatest gear.
Today this is especially true as Nikon have just anounced the new D4, and the internet is rife with people already lining up thier exsiting gear to sell.

Its true, I have tried to buy the best I can when it comes to photography gear, however Im in no rush to to go out and but the latest and greatest.
Im still shooting with a now aging D700, and 16-35mm f/4 VR. I sold my 24-70 f/2.8 as it wasnt getting used.
I also just bought a Panasonic GF1. This is now also getting on a bit, but its simply outstanding, and matched with the 20mm f/1.7 and the 14mm f/2.5 prime lenses, its a compact but utterly powerful setup.

However, there are times when even this is too much to carry around, so Im left with the camera on my phone.
I have an iphone 4S, and the camera on this is good as far as phone cameras go, but when you are greated with a scene like this, its simply the best camera in the world.


Stunning sunrise

No comments:

Post a Comment