Saturday 21 January 2012

I love a bit of rough!

Oh yes, I do like it rough.. and so does my car!

I took my Landrover out for some greenlaning today in Wiltshire.
Of course I took a few photos along the way, although not to many.

Here we are on the A417, stopped to double check my route, make sure all the lanes I was planning on driving were legal.


Waiting


Then we head off to find the start of the first lane.  It was a lovely small lane, through a woodland with a bit of a ford halfway through. The traction control came on a few times, so it must have been pretty muddy.
After that small lane, I drove through Minety to find the next.
Again through woodland, and quite overgrown. Thankfully I dont value my paintwork too much!!

This lane is made up of 3 parts, the first two parts are much the same, although sadly some morons had decided to make their own route and have carved a massive set of ruts alongside the true path. Its people like this that will be the death of any Byway or UCR and people like me who enjoy the gentle surroundings will have them taken away.
If you want to test your car, book it into a pay and play site, dont riun our ancient byways!!
Also just before this was a burnt out van... Nice.

Anyway, the 3rd part of the route opened up into a logging area, perfect for a few photos!


Discovery


Thiss where I was heading.


The track


The sun was shimering through the trees, fantastic!





Stumped

I had my GoPro Hero camera with me and filmed some video, which I will link up here.

All in all a great day out!.

No comments:

Post a Comment