Wednesday 20 April 2011

Been a long time

Well my last post was in February, so its been a while since I last updated.

I would have loved to have said I'd past the 3 months post op and feel great, but sadly its not the case.

3 months post op was April 10th. On April 8th I had a massive coughing fit due to a horrible cold Ive picked up and managed to injure myself pretty badly. Something popped in my back and I collapsed into a heap on the floor.

Previous to this, I had a meeting with the consultant surgeon on March 2nd, just a general check up. He seemed to think everything was going on track and said I should be able to start back at work on light duty on the 3 month date, Monday April 11th.

I was all ready to get back to it, when I got this cold/flu thing and now Im back to square one. I can barely walk again, I cant move once Im lying down in bed and I collapse everytime I cough or sneeze.

I made an apointment to see my GP, but there wasnt a space until May 3rd!! Thats over 3 weeks. I took the next available apointment with another GP which was today, April 20th. Only 2 weeks!

So yet another different GP, and having to explain everything again. He was very good though. Examined me and said its unlikely Ive caused any serious damage to the fusion, its more likely Ive torn some sutures inside or just pulled and inflamed the muscles around the verebrae. He is writing to my consultant anyway to try and get me an apointment for an Xray or MRI just in case. I wasnt due for an Xray until July.
So Ive been given some antibiotics to try and kill the coughing and some diclofenac to try reduce any inflamation. Plus signed off work for another month. The boss wont be happy. Im not really very happy either.
Stuck at home on my own all day, everyday. I was starting to get out and about a bit the last few weeks, but now I can barely get off the sofa. So I face another month on my own sat inside.
People are getting fed up, Im getting fed up. Starting to feel like a burdon on everyone, and feel utterly useless.
This is the sort of time a big lottery win would really help, thats if we could afford to play the lottery of course.


Anyhopw, thats enough for today, starting to bring myself down again, yet alone anyone reading this. I'll update somepoint when there is any change, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment