Tuesday 11 January 2011

Post op day 1

Well today is my first post op day.I didnt sleep
a wink last night due to some very heavy snorers in the ward and the mad polish nurse taking my blood pressure every half hour. Finally got some food after 30 hours without eating a thing in the form of two sliced of burnt toast. Still better than nothing. My morpine drip also ran out and despite me ringing the bell for a nurse to come
immediately, it took over 30 minutes before one actually turned up, and she was only food nurse. It took a further 2 hours before I actually got some painkillers.

I also had a sponge bath and the sheets changed on the bed, the only issue being I'm unable to get out of bed, so I was still in it as they changed the sheets, rolling me from on side to
The other. Possibly the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Even more so as I still
Didn't have painkillers at this point.
Thank god I've had my morphine dry refilled along with a paracetomol drip and a dicofenac tablet which is helping to ease the pain now.
Just had lunch, sausages, mash and bran. Quite comical as I can't sit up , so trying to eat it lying down!


That'll do for now, maybe more later if my battery holds

No comments:

Post a Comment