Thursday 20 January 2011

10 days post op

Its been 10 days since the morning of the surgery, and 6 days since coming home.

Im still very very sore, the pain is mainly from the actual cuts, the associated bruises and muscle damage. \its very uncomfortable and getting to sleep is hard work.Also trying to find a comfortable sitting position is a nightmare.


Im pretty mobile around the house, I can climb the stairs ok, but I need help getting into the shower, as its over the bath and has a high side. Its pretty darn boring being stuck inside all day. Im running out of things to do!
Ill be so glad after about 4 weeks when I can go out for short gentle walks, and maybe even drive again, just to get out of the house.

As of yet, the pain from the surgery is overriding and potential benefit, so I cant even say if the surgery has been succesful. I imangine it will be a months or so until I can start thinking about that.

The scar isnt too bad, bigger than I thought, but is healing well.

The damage


Should be having the stitches taken out next week sometime at my Doctors, Im not sure if that will alleviate some discomfort, or make it worse??

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get well soon. Its really hard to go through these sufferings. I agree with you. Sleeping would be a nightmare with this kind of wounds. My wishes and prayers to get well soon.
    Nice sharing and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete